Sunday, August 30, 2009

ko samet

Four of us girls went to Ko Samet this weekend for a little much-needed R&R.

During our evening swim last night, we talked about how strange this year away is. We don't know what to call it or how it fits in the narrative of our lives. I may come back to this thought for some kind of coherent discourse in a future post. We'll see.

We sunned, read, ate delicious food, and drank fresh, creamy fruit smoothies (mango-pineapple-banana is an excellent combination) on a deck overlooking the beach.

It rained all morning today, but we had a leisurely breakfast and played cards and dominoes on a covered deck. We headed home around 1:15.

Alyssa and I had an appointment with the tailor this evening. I was supposed to get my finished black dress, but we were stood up. It was OK. We got ice cream instead, and I got to read all evening, which was a fine consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment