Thursday, August 13, 2009

dancing queen

Today, I started one of my classes a little bit early because the kids were finished with their milk break.

We have dictation first thing on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Today, the first word was "dance."

I repeated it a few times, and the bell rang. And by bell, I mean the little ditty that plays when classes end and begin. It's kind of a tropical sounding song. Kind of bouncy. It's hard to describe; you just have to hear it.

Anyway, I didn't want to continue reading the dictation words over the bell, so I did the logical thing: I started dancing a little jig. I don't know what came over me, really. I never dance in class. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

The kids started saying, "Teechah, numba two, numba two." They were not impressed by my dancing and wanted to hear the next word.

"No, it's not time for dictation; it's time for dancing."

They stared at me, unimpressed by my shenanigans.

Thais confuse me enough. It's only fair that I get to confuse them once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the kids were telling you they had to go "number two"...

    ReplyDelete