Monday, November 30, 2009

faster than a speeding... something

In preparation for Fathers' Day, I wanted my students to draw pictures of their fathers as superheroes. I plan to use their pictures to decorate a poster I'm making for Wednesday's Fathers' Day festivities.

I began class today by asking kids to name some superheros.

Batman! Superman! Spiderman! Supergirl! Ben 10!
"And what makes superheros different from other people?"
Superpowers!
"That's right! Can anyone name a superpower?"

One hand shot up -- an especially precocious student named Janjao. "The United States?!" she cried out.

"Not what I meant, but have a sticker."




3 comments:

  1. I read this aloud to Steve just now, and I thought he was going to cry for a second because of how hard he was laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents loved it. They want me to send it in to Reader's Digest.

    Glad you're spreading the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to cook this evening! Someone call Supper Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete