Thursday, November 5, 2009

something's fishy...

On Tuesday I was standing with the mom I tutor for, waiting for her daughter while she chatted with another mom. The other woman had two first graders - twin boys. They were sharing a bag of Big Sheet.

I've seen the kids munching on this stuff before. In its essence, Big Sheet is a crispy, paper-thin sheet of dried seaweed.

The twin in charge of holding the bag looked up at me with his big, sweet, brown eyes, shoved his hand into the bag, snatched a sheet, and offered it to me, beaming.

What choice did I have?

I accepted it and moved it closer to my mouth. It smelled like fish food.

I took a bite. It tasted like fish food.

He was watching me eat; I couldn't throw it in the shrubs. I ate an entire sheet of reconstituted, flattened fish food. Sick.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the reconstituted, flattened fish food will give you super powers...kind of like Aquaman. You could be Aquawoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reconstituted...that could have been a word in your environmental display! LOL

    ReplyDelete