Monday, November 16, 2009

dictation!

My class has dictation time first thing on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings. The students have five words to study.

I call out three words for them to write in English and in Thai. Number four is used in a sentence, which they must listen to and write correctly. For the last word, they must come up with their own sentence.

Today's dictation words were all job-related.

"Number one: farmer. Farmer. Faaaaarmerrr."
"Teechah is a farmer."
"No, teacher is not a farmer. I've never farmed a thing in my life. Number two: dancer. Dancer. Dancer."
"Teechah is a cleaner."
"I'll make you think cleaner, kid. Number three: vet. Vet. Vet."
"Teechah is a zookeeper!!"
"More than you know, Poom. More than you know..."

1 comment:

  1. presently imagining lauren dressed in overalls, holding a pitchfork and a mop dancing amongst small children "King and I" style...

    ReplyDelete