Friday, September 11, 2009

it's the little things...

Lunch today was awesome.

Actually, the entrees were mediocre, but one of the P3 students had a birthday today and his mom brought goodness-knows-how-many cakes to the lunchroom for the third graders.

But not just any cakes. No. These were Neapolitan ice cream cakes from Swensen's. YUM! Mariela and Alyssa spied a few leftover slices on the end of the teacher's lunch table. We made short work of them.

In other news, I have two weeks of classes and a week of testing before the three-week holiday. The time has flown, and so much has changed since I first got here. Or maybe I've just changed.

I've gotten into the swing of things. I know what the job duties and expectation are. I'm enjoying my students more than I first was - they make me laugh.

I've gotten more patient with correcting their mistakes while grading, too. For the first few weeks, I was an angry, irritable grader. It's still a chore, but I no longer hate grading with the fire of a thousand suns. Of course, ice cream cake helps with that.

1 comment: