Monday, June 1, 2009

"I never eat dolls on the weekend."

You've seen the show, "Kids Say the Darndest Things," right? The inner workings of children's minds both mystify and tickle us grown-up types.

Yesterday in my fourth grade speaking class we reviewed the adverbs of frequency we learned last week - always, often, and never.

I handed out sheets of paper divided into three sections. The top section said: I always _____ on the weekend. The bottom left section said: I often _____ on the weekend. The bottom right section said: I never _____ on the weekend.

Their assignment was to think of something for each section, write it in the blank, and draw a picture to match. Typical responses were: I always play games on the weekend. or I never go to school on the weekend.

But there are always kids who give more... creative... responses. Here are a few of my favorites:




Apparently, this kid rides his bike in a war zone. Notice the downed power lines, flames, and the sign that says: Danger: Bombs Underground.

Dinner tonight: White corn on the cob from a street vendor (10 baht), and some rambutan I bought from a vendor last night. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment