Thursday, February 4, 2010

quarantine

Classes were canceled yesterday, today, and tomorrow due to H1N1. And foot and mouth disease. Foot. And. Mouth. One of my P.4 students had it!

When I found out, I busted out the antibacterial foam and doused my desk, phone, writing utensils, and anything else that I may have possibly touched after touching something my students may have possibly touched.

We've had to come to work while the students wallow in their germs and play video games for three days.

On Wednesday, we purged the office of ancient stacks of papers, crusty notebooks, and general clutter. We even dusted! With the seven of us working, we finished up around 11:30 and spent the next five hours reading, asking trivia questions, and joking around.

There was a possibility, we were told on Tuesday, that we wouldn't have to come at all Thursday and Friday. The odds were against us, I guess. Yesterday at 4:00, the Thai teachers all gave us a cheery, "See you tomorrow."

To spite them, we decided to have a movie day in the computer lab on Thursday. We watched three hours of the TV show Glee, took a lunch break, and then watched another two and a half hours.

Tomorrow: same song, second verse.

2 comments:

  1. foot and mouth? wow. I didn't realise you could actually still get that. Enjoy Glee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, we love your posts. You can definitely turn a phrase. Thank you for keeping these going.

    ReplyDelete