Monday, February 22, 2010

peace and quiet

Monday was the last day of finals, and the last chance to see my students before the awards ceremony on March 18th. Today, the school grounds are blissfully quiet.

I finished grading the exams this morning. I had to re-grade one part because a concerned-looking Nummon informed me that most students failed the test. Failed it. (Side note: She returned one section of the test I'd written several weeks ago, with the message that Sukjai said it was too easy.) She said we had to find ways to give the kids more points.

I explained to her that teachers in the U.S. usually give a curve in these situations. I asked if we could do that, but she shook her head. "No. Not allowed here." So I had to give partial credit to sentences like these:

Did you seed a dog last yesterday?
Did he readed a book three day?

I hope no one seeded a dog last yesterday...

Anyway, my other task before graduation was to write unit evaluations for my grammar and speaking classes. I've just finished that, too. Now I've got three weeks to sit around the office and wish they'd give us time off.

My coworkers and I are crossing our fingers for this weekend's protests to be just disruptive enough to keep us from coming on Friday, but not so disruptive that they hinder our weekend trip to Khao Yai national park.

3 comments:

  1. "I hope no one seeded a dog last yesterday..."

    Definitely laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sturdy, this just made me think of robots and sharting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope for the appropriate level of unrest...

    ps: that's possibly the first time i've ever wished that!

    ReplyDelete