Tuesday, February 2, 2010

dinosow (Thai for 'dinosaur')

I don't know why I continue to be amazed by the lack of communication here, but I am!

The school had planned a teacher trip to a dinosaur museum and archeological site in the northeast this weekend. We had to sign up for it a couple months ago, and the department head stressed to us that we had to be sure we could go before signing. If you wrote your name down, there was no turning back.

Most of us signed up. We figured 1) it was a free trip, and 2) what better things do we honestly have to do than take a 6-hour ride on a charter bus to a Thai dinosaur museum?

I was talking to Ekapol in the hallway yesterday afternoon about the weekend.

So, are you going on the trip?
"No!"
What? Why not?
"Because it was canceled."
Wait, what? When did they cancel it?
"I don't know."
When did you find out?
"Oh... a few weeks ago."
Oh. Well. I'm glad you told me. We had no idea. So why did they cancel it?
"I don't know."

I double-checked with Nummon later. She said it was, in fact, canceled. There are 14 confirmed cases of H1N1 and they didn't want us teachers being in close quarters for a weekend for fear of spreading it.

I still don't know if anyone was going to bother to inform us, or if they were going to let us show up on Friday with our weekend bags ready and safari suits in tow.

Ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment