Sunday, December 13, 2009

have you ever been on a shrimp boat?

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.
- Bubba, from Forrest Gump



Though Bubba's list is impressive, it's not quite complete.

Today, while walking past a Pringles display in Big C, I came across these:

That's right, grilled shrimp flavored Pringles. Correction: pink grilled shrimp flavored Pringles.


I almost snapped a photo in the store and left it at that, but I couldn't deny you all, dear readers, the opportunity to know whether the chips are revolting, delicious, or somewhere in between. So I bought them.

While not quite as bubblegum pink as the package suggests, the chips do have a lovely, rosy hue. And they're not half bad, either.

4 comments:

  1. that's gold...or should I say pink?
    I'd love to hear more about foodie curiosities of your daily existence...pretty please. like i think you need to take photos of the fried cicadas from the street stands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have my camera when I happen to pass a bug cart! I'll do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you there when we were doing the Bubba speech only in reference to Cranberries yesterday?? If not, this is eerie timing.

    ReplyDelete